.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Nike+ Human Race 10K Event - WW


I was on my way to lunch last Sunday when I saw the queue! It was more than 2km long!
Thousands of people were queuing for something. It must be good stuff! Should I join the queue?


This is what they were queuing for :

I met a nice young man, Jarrell Gerald. Oops, sorry ^o^ He had been queuing since 9.50 am ..... finally he got his Race Pack at 12.05pm.

Gerald posing happily with his Official Race Day Tee

Nike is hosting race events in 25 cities around the world. On 31st August 2008, more than 1 million runners will put on their iPods to race in 25 locations around the world at the same time. Uniting athletes world-wide through the World's Largest Running Event : The Nike+ Human Race 10K.

I'm concerned that Nike is promoting the idea of running races with iPods. Blissfully deaf iPod runners are a hazard in most road races. I hope the runners would exercise caution when running.

I can't help wondering how much Nike is benefiting from this huge advertising campaign. :P

Race Flag Off Time : 4.15 pm

Start Point: The Esplanade Bridge
End Point: The Padang




No comments:

Post a Comment