.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, October 24, 2008

Scary Food - PhotoHunt

PhotoHunt theme : Scary

Fancy a tarantula or an insect as a snack?

Imagine the gooey stuff squishing in your mouth when you bite into it..... and having bits of its legs stuck in between your teeth.

On Wang Fu Jin Road in Beijing, you can find stalls selling these insects as snack food.

I was scared when I first saw these creepy crawlies and bugs. My Chinese friends persuaded me to try some of them. I tried a scorpion, a crispy fried worm and a beetle. Honestly, they didn't taste good.

I was told they are nutritious and have very high medicinal values. Some of them have become delicacies and are highly sought after. I'm glad I don't have to eat them, to the poor in some parts of China, insects are their alternative source of protein.








No comments:

Post a Comment