.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Horse Watching at Riders Cafe - WW

Ready for a ride

Magnificent manes flying in the wind, the horses look a picture of grace when they gallop. These pictures were taken in Singapore.

After reading my Horse Grass post, a friend invited me to his club. He owns 2 horses. *faints* It costs much more to own a horse in Singapore than a car!

For overseas readers who are used to seeing horses in your own country, it is rare to see a real horse in Singapore. And to own one, the owner needs to have quite a bit of dough. :P

Walk a horse

We arranged to meet early one Sunday morning. Bukit Timah Saddle Club off Eng Neo Avenue provides such therapeutic charm. I felt I was in another country.

A kid learning how to ride a pony

I bet many Singaporeans don't know this place. It was my first time. I watched my friend exercise his horses. I did not ask for a ride. Maybe another time.

After their rides, the girls gave their ponies a good wash.

He brought us for breakfast at an idyllic cafe in a colonial clubhouse. It was relaxing to watch the horses trotting past while you bask in fine weather and good food.

Fluffy homemade pancakes

I was recommended the famous fluffy home-made pancakes with berries compote and maple syrup. Chris was offered Norwegian Benedict with generous slices of smoked salmon. The breakfast was very good!

Norwegian Benedict - heavenly breakfast!

You need to make a reservation. It was full-house at all hours and many people who did not have reservations were turned away.

I was told the cafe has a house dessert special called Death by Chocolate Cake, but I had no more room for dessert then. But I'll be back .......

Bukit Timah Saddle Club
51 Fairways Drive
Tel: 6466 9819
Tue - Sun: 8.30am – 10.30pm
Closed on Mondays

Rider's Lodge
108 Turf Club Road
Tel: 64654828


First Commenter - Sue


No comments:

Post a Comment