.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Geylang Serai Hari Raya Bazaar 2009 - RT/WW


BBQ quails

Every year I eagerly await the Hari Raya Bazaar at Geylang Serai. What draws me to the annual bazaar is the food - all sorts of food and kuih (traditional Malay delicacies) are sold for buka puasa (breaking fast). Some of the Malay dishes or snacks are not available throughout the year, so I would stuff myself silly on my favourite Malay food. :P

food stall holders doing a brisk business

There are usually long queues at the food stalls. Be prepared to wait ... amidst the pushing crowds and in the stilfing heat.

Yummy food for the hungry....

children at a game stall

I tried my hand at the game stalls but ended up empty-handed. The kids did better.

artificial flowers and flower arrangements

I enjoy walking through the bazaar, looking for some unique items to decorate my home. I always manage to find lovely lacy curtains or a pretty table cloth. And I usually end up buying a basket of beautifully arranged artificial flowers for my entertainment room.... all at a great price. Bargain lah! :P




First Commenter - bk

No comments:

Post a Comment