.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, September 18, 2009

Dara Turns Lives Upside-down - PhotoHunt

PhotoHunt theme : Upside-down




I was invited to a private screening of the movie, DARAH (Indonesian title which means Blood. It's International Title is Macabre) at Goodwood Park Hotel's former Thumper Bar.





I thought I had gone to the wrong venue when I entered and saw this......





Huh!?

Gosh! It was an old, deserted building. There was this horrible musty smell throughout the room and it stuck onto my clothes and hair after that.






An eerie place to hold a horror movie preview. We were half-expecting killers to appear. Before the movie commenced, we were ordered
advised not to cover our eyes; to scream our hearts out and enjoy the movie. In case anyone wants to walk out, all the doors have been locked. *pretends to tremble*

hehe.......




Eric Khoo addressing his guests before the movie.

We sat in pitch darkness. I dared not used flash for my camera in case the organisers got provoke and turn on me. I think I was the only one who dared to take pictures. *gulp*

******************* ooooo OOO ooooo ******************

Darah tells the story of a group of friends who are lured to a deserted country house when they stop to help a young woman Maya (Imelda Therinne) who claims to have been robbed.

The mother Dara (Shareefa Daanish) insists they stay for dinner. It turns their lives upside-down! They are drugged and woke to find themselves tied up. Horrified, they witnessed the slaughtering of their friends... one by one.

It is a bloodbath! What I saw was so horrendous and sickening! Limbs and necks are broken; bodies are decapitated, stabbed, shot, burnt, chainsawed! It's blood, blood and more blood.... everywhere!

Eric Khoo, one of the Executive Producers for Darah, told me it is categorised M18. I think there will be some censored scenes in the cinema version. What I saw was too gory! :P

I'm awestricken with Indonesian actress Shareefa Daanish who plays the indestructible mother. She sent shivers down my spine when she screamed "Bring me their heads!" and brandished a chainsaw at the beautiful heroine Ladya (Julie Estelle). Yes, they cast beautiful people in a horror movie. Another eye-candy is actor Arifin Putra who plays the creepy and equally indestructible son Adam.

Darah has been creating rave reviews and praises in Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival 2009 where Shareefa Daanish won Best Actress for her portrayal as the sick Dara. *applause*

Darah will hit the cinemas on 8th October 2009.

Let the slaying begins!

A Gorylah Pictures, MediaCorp Raintree Pictures (Singapore)/Merah Prod., Guerilla Visual Movement, Nation Pictures (Indonesia) production. Produced by the Mo Brothers. Executive producers, Eric Khoo, Mike Wiluan, Charles Teo, Daniel Yun. Directed, written by the Mo Brothers (Timo Tjahjanto, Kimo Stamboel).










First commenter - oceanskies

No comments:

Post a Comment