.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, October 23, 2009

All Tied Up - PH

PhotoHunt theme : Tied


a worker making sure the dumplings are tied securely


A stone's throw from my house is a famous restaurant selling yummy glutinous rice dumplings. They are great for breakfast or as a snack any time of the day.

I like to watch the workers tie the wrapped rice dumplings every time I'm there. The girl in the photo has nimble fingers. She wraps and ties one dumpling within 15 seconds!



ingredients for cooking rice dumplings

Now that rice dumpling are easily available, I have stopped making my own. It is more economic to buy the rice dumplings than waste my precious time labouring in the kitchen.

arghhh..... those are my lame excuses, the skill of making sticky rice dumpling was passed from one generation to another. If my son doesn't learn it from me, this traditional skill may be lost one day. 


ECL competing for the fastest rice dumpling maker


I once entered a rice dumpling making competition. I was no match for the other more experienced competitors. It was a fun event and we get to meet people in our neighbourhood.  


A mini rice dumpling

Try a glutinous rice dumpling when you are in Singapore. They have savory or sweet fillings. I like both versions. :)








First Commenter -

No comments:

Post a Comment