.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, February 26, 2010

[100 Lolitas & Gothic Lolitas Testimonies Week] 4 - MissHermess, Malaysia


How and when did you discover Lolita and Gothic Lolita fashion? I discovered about Lolita fashion when I was 14 years old, from a comic magazine I used to buy. They had a feature on the fashion one day, and a few months later I spied a Lolita dress for sale in a shop and the rest is history.

Could you tell us what are your favorite brands and why? Can you find them easily?
I love Baby The Stars Shine Bright, Alice and The Pirates, Victorian Maiden and Mary Magdalene because I love Classic Lolita and Pirate Lolita the most. I also love the lace used by Baby The Stars Shine Bright. It's just simply gorgeous. Baby The Stars Shine Bright and Alice and The Pirates, I can order it online, but for Victorian Maiden is hard to find because they don't ship overseas.

How did you feel when you bought your first Lolita outfit? How did you feel when you first wore it? Which brand was it?
I felt incredibly happy when I bought my first Lolita outfit, I couldn't stop smiling the entire day! *laughs* Wearing it made me feel like a princess. I can't really remember well what brand it was from, but I think it was from K-Star (1).


What is the type of reaction when people see you dressed up in Lolita clothing? Your friends? People in the street?
People on the street just stare at me or laugh and giggle behind my back when they see me, but some would come up to me and tell me that I'm cute. They'd also ask why I'm dressed up this way. As for my friends, some of them think it's weird but they don't really mind.

Do you see any difference in the way that Japanese girls and western girls wear Lolita?
I can't really comment on this since I'm an Asian, not a western person (2).

Do you think the fact that now Western girls wear Lolita fashion will change the way Japanese Lolita fashion designers think and create?
I think they'd change the sizes of the dresses definitely, since Western girls tend to wear bigger sizes than the Japanese girls, but other than that I don't think their ideas will be affected.

Do you think that Europe or United States, or any other foreign countries are now ready to see Lolita Fashion invade their streets?
No, not yet. They still need more time to slowly embrace the fashion, especially in my country.


Do you think there is a best way to spread Lolita fashion?
I think they best way to do it would be to wear it out on the streets for people to see and teach them about it.

Would you like to see some specialized magazines translated in your own language? Would you like a new magazine issued and produced in your own language and focusing on Lolita fashion in your country?
Yes, definitely!

Is there any Lolita community (ies) in your country? Could you list them and their website address?
Yes, we have one called Yume Miru Alice.

Do you have any message to worldwide Lolitas?
Let's keep the Lolita spirit alive! Aza aza fighting

(1) K-Star is what is called in Japanese a "copy brand", as Bodyline is. These copy brands get the inspiration directly from Japanese Lolita brands, copying their creations, their prints. They are usually "brands" from China.

(2) we didn’t think about it, but as the market has been growing outside of Japan, not only the United-States of America or Europe - and particularly France and Germany - has now been influenced but also some countries in Asia, like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, have seen a small but existing Lolita fashion market opening and has been influenced by Japanese gothic vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment