.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Friday, February 12, 2010

[100 Lolitas & Gothic Lolitas Testimonies] Week 2 - Tchi, France


How and when did you discover Lolita and Gothic Lolita fashion?
I first discovered Lolita fashion at the beginning of 2000, by magazines specialized in Japanese pop culture, then thanks to the movie Kamikaze Girls which was out in France in 2006.

Could you tell us what are your favorite brands and why? Can you find them easily?
My favorite brand is Baby, the Stars Shine Bright because I can find it in France but also because they propose clothes with adapted sizing – Métamorphose, Temps de Fille, that can be found on internet, as well - because I’m not a small standard size. But I also love Innocent World for it is classic and Mary Magdalene for its finesse; but they are harder to get.


How did you feel when you bought your first Lolita outfit? How did you feel when you first wore it? Which brand was it?
The first outfit I bought was from Baby, the Stars Shine Bright. I was very embarrassed the first time I tried it own and I felt like hiding. It took me quite a long time to wear this fashion, because I thought I was too old.

What is the type of reaction when people see you dressed up in Lolita clothing? Your friends? People in the street?
I have the chance to be an adult, and furthermore, I always had this attraction for Japan. Therefore, my family and friends think it is pretty logical. When people see me in the street, reactions are varied; some people are kind, some are nasty. But I don’t really pay attention as long they don’t try to confront me. But the worst thing is the countryside; I have the chance to live close to Paris so people look at me, but turn their head quite fast; in the country side, people can be really malicious.

Do you see any difference in the way that Japanese girls and western girls wear Lolita?
I think, yes, there is. As for myself, I wear Lolita fashion almost every day, when Japanese girls usually wear it on the week-ends.


Do you think the fact that now Western girls wear Lolita fashion will change the way Japanese Lolita fashion designers think and create?
I don’t really have any idea, but I hope that Japanese designers will now think about girls like me who have some round curves.

Do you think that Europe or United States, or any other foreign countries are now ready to see Lolita Fashion invade their streets?
Actually, it is beginning. We are more and more numerous each day to wear different unordinary outfits in regard of what our societies think. Now, there are Lolitas almost everywhere; Germany, Spain, Russia, …

Do you think there is a best way to spread Lolita fashion?
We should create a real culture about it, a movement, not only think “Lolita” as a fashion.

Would you like to see some specialized magazines translated in your own language? Would you like a new magazine issued and produced in your own language and focusing on Lolita fashion in your country?
I’d like to see a magazine like Lolita and Gothic Lolita Bible or Deco Alice.

Is there any Lolita community (ies) in your country? Could you list them and their website address?
In France, there are some forums like Gothic Lolita Jeun, Cotton Candy, Le Boudoir des Lolitas… And I moderate a blog with some friends, le Chemin de Briques Roses. We can also find an association, Rouge Dentelle Rose Ruban.

Do you have any message to worldwide Lolitas?
Make our passion lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment