.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Teen dies after inhaling helium at drinking party

Teen dies after inhaling helium at drinking party

Teen dies after inhaling helium at drinking party - A longstanding party gag turned deadly for an Oregon teen last weekend. According to an AP report, 14-year-old Ashley Long told her parents she was going to a sleepover at the home of a friend, then went to a party where booze and pot were circulating. Friends say Ashley never drank before, but did on this night. When the 8th-grader took her turn inhaling helium from a mask attached to a pressurized tank - used to get laughs for speaking in a cartoonishly high voice - she lost consciousness and couldn't be revived. Health officials say deaths from huffed helium are rare, with three known cases in 2010. A doctor quoted by the AP said gas bubbles can enter the bloodstream and block the flow of blood to the brain, resulting in a stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment