.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Venomous spider freaks out male workers at market

Venomous spider freaks out male workers at market

Venomous spider freaks out male workers at market - ​A box of bananas lost appeal (ZING!) after a Scottish supermarket worker saw a venomous -- but appropriately named -- South American banana spider with its legs "curled around a banana." BBC News reports that another shop worker, Petra Merriman, caught the spider in a plastic jar after her male co-workers all had arachnophobic freakouts. "All the boys were running around like headless chickens," she said. A representative from Edinburgh Butterfly and Insect World says the spider is not deadly, but a bite could cause "pain, swelling, muscle spasms and flu-like symptoms which could be very unpleasant." We'll keep our distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment